Hello and thank you for joining me on another episode of Career Talk Pro, and welcome to Talk Back Tuesday, where each week I get to spend time with you, answering your career inspired questions.
Today we are answering the question, what is the Best Day to Quit Your Job? Now everyone’s different and may have different work schedules, but this advice can easily be adjusted to fit anyone’s work schedule.
So what is the best day of the week to quit your job?
a. I’ll get into why Monday’s are the best day to quit your job,
b. But why not Friday?
2. Fridays belong to the company for their business activities.
a. Hire and Fire
b. Company announcements
c. Often they are conducting interviews and HR is extending offers
d. New employees usually start on Fridays
3. Also, on Friday’s
a. Emotions are often frayed, more chance for a conflict
b. Management’s Focus is different on Fridays
c. Closing out the week activities
d. Resolving that week’s issues and challenges
e. Management is getting things off their desk
f. Looking forward to the weekend
* By you giving notice on a Friday, you just add more work for them!
* You create an unwanted dynamic that come first thing Monday morning they are now having to face this issue
4. On Monday’s
a. Employers are, fresh
b. They’re focused on work for that week
c. They are going to be much more receptive to receive the news
d. Mondays have a lot of holidays on them
e. So Tuesday becomes your best day and benefits you
* Depending on company size, structure, etc.
* Management has to start the HR notification process, back filling your duties, etc.
5. Giving notice on a Monday,
a. Gives HR and Management time that week to accept that you’re moving on
b. Works in your favor, the week slips away
c. Before long, it’s the following Monday, and OMG it’s your last week
So, that’s it for today’s Talk Back Tuesday.